Sunday, August 8, 2010

81.XX

Today was the City to Surf. Brilliant day for it too!
was a cool 17 degrees, perfect for running.. cloudless, sun shinning.. what else could you ask for?
WHY would a crazy person want to run 14km for? well for me it was just to beat my old time.. 83 something... it came down to 81.XX (according to G-SHOCK...official timing tuesday :P)

i was really aiming for sub 80s... boo.. but i cant complain i did beat my old time. What it did come down to was the blisters!!! agh.. for some reason im getting them when i run in my old kayanos... time for a new pair i think! haha

i had to stop TWICE at the st john's ambos.. (KUDOS to them!) for some bandaids & tape to help me going.. i actually felt slight jipped coz of the blisters.. i thought i could have gone slightly harder.. i guess there's always next year :P
Photobucket

The beach was PACKED out as per usual... but standing in the queue with H & KL... time flew..
Photobucket

So at the end of the day... i came away with this.. so does another 80,000 people haha
but mine comes with street cred..
Photobucket

I know i said maybe next year crack the 80s.. but im not built for running. I feel this body breaking down already :S

im thinking cycling is more my thing.... maybe next on the list... syd - gong???

1 comment:

  1. I know a friend who did around the 65-70 mark, and she's a girl! I was so shocked!

    ReplyDelete